Tuesday, June 28, 2016

And we're back...

Gosh I haven't written since march? Really? Ok, so to update…

Surgeon had an extended recovery from his illness, turned out it wasn't nearly as pedestrian as an inner ear infection, and involved brain inflamation, severe vertigo and other fun symptoms one doesn't want someone performing a long haul surgerey on them having.  In the meantime I accepted an offer from friends  to fly me out to Chicago in exchange for a week of house sitting and tending to their small cat army while they ran off to frolic in Maui.(free flight to Chicago and a week of 5 cat cuddle-puddles? IF. I. MUST.) 

As you may recall our heroine (moi) was all kinds of dark and twisty earlier this year. Arriving in Chicago it was like the weight was lifted. I felt like myself for the first time in longer than I can recall, I saw all my favourite people, and did some really fun photography for my friends in a Go-Go troop, called The Janes,
I came back from Chicago feeling entirely myself again. I wanted to hold on to that. To that end, I decided for my own sanity, I needed to step back from this whole thing, and take back control for a while. I had an appointment scheduled with my cardiologist at the end of June and decided that would be when I'd get the ball rolling again. So that appointment happened last Friday, I'm now awaiting scheduling of a CT Scan and have an appointment to see surgeon in about a week and a half. I have plans for July, both beach and photography related, and I don't really care to change or cancel them so if all goes according to my plan, surgery in August? What I've learned however is that none of this is really up to me and it will happen when it happens. I just hope my CT isn't so grim I find myself canceling plans and checking in 2 weeks from now. That seems unlikely. Lets hope shall we?

* If i didn't mention it before and you're someone who doesn't actually know me in the meat world, I lived in Chicago for 13 years, and returned to Massachusetts when it became clear my Mother was declining and Dad had a lot to bear on his own, after Mum passed away I stayed in MA with Dad.